- The Schaffer Replica™
- About SoloDallas
- Gear Reviews
- Members content
- Performance Videos
- Latest updates
- My 2005 Gibson SG CS VOS ( Blackie ) and 1976 Marshall 1959
- It’s Official: The Schaffer Replica was used on AC/DC’s album “Rock Or Bust” (Guitar Player Magazine)
- Never Underrate Your Equipment – A Marshall MS-4 Demo
- The TSR™ at Guitar Player!
- FOR SALE: 1972 Marshall Superbass + Cab (superb condition except head not working)
- Guitar Mantainance: keeping your fretboard clean
- Highway to Hell (AC/DC) – Video Lesson by JaiminhoPagina
- Girls Got Rhythm (AC/DC) – Video Lesson by JaiminhoPagina
- Hard as a Rock (AC/DC) – Video Lesson by JaiminhoPagina
- Love Hungry Man (AC/DC) – Video Lesson by JaiminhoPagina
- The Jack (AC/DC) – Video Lesson by JaiminhoPagina
- For Those About to Rock (AC/DC) – Video Lesson by JaiminhoPagina
- Let There be Rock (AC/DC) – Video Lesson by JaiminhoPagina
- Ride On (AC/DC) – Video Lesson by JaiminhoPagina
- Rock and Roll (Led Zeppelin) – Video Lesson by JaiminhoPagina
Posts tagged Angus’ Guitars
I checked again my foto album, and BANGGGGG,
I realised the folowing, Check carefully the following photos
Original Article by SGAce, posted on the 18th of October 2010.
What it is all about? My search is trying to figure out which guitars were the main guitars that Angus used and how all are possibly connected to the
Jay dee Company.
Now let’s begin with some general info that will help us understand a few things.
1. I searched the web and found live photos from each tour from 1974 to 1986.
From that search I made an excel list by year, tour and guitars used. Read more >
Update as of 30th of Sept. 2010
Our own headwhop26 (thank you!), has informed me that there is a brief “article” summarizing some characteristics of Angus and Malcolm’s main guitars.
I would say it confirms what we at SoloDallas.net had dared to imagine (and uncover) but still something is not convincing. I will get back to it later.
The article is by Bonfire (Bill), a famous AC/DC fan, cover hero and now webmaster at acdc.com (and also a member here at solodallas.net!):
Here it is to you: Read more >
By SoloDallas (original article in Italian, translation by Robert Taylor – our own ar2619Rob – : Thank You, Rob!)
Similar to the hypnotic effect that AC/DC music had on me when I first heard it (it was the LIVE Album “If You Want Blood, You’ve Got It” and it was, I believe, 1979), as soon as I set eyes on the photos of Angus Young embracing his Gibson SG, it was love at first sight, and certainly “Love at first Feel”. It’s a love that has continued to grow for about thirty years (even considering that I’ve tried far too many brands and models of guitars) the Gibson SG of the late ’60s has never left my mind since then.